THE HARVEST TEMPLE SCHOLARSHIP GRANTING ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW
The Harvest Temple School Scholarship Granting Organization (HTSGO) is a state-certified, nonprofit scholarship granting organization that provides students with funding to attend Harvest Temple Christian Academy (HTCA). The HTSGO is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to help local families afford an excellent Christian education.
The primary focus of the organization is granting scholarships through the tax-incentivized state Scholarship Granting Organization program. In this program, scholarship awarding is prioritized to low-income students. The Scholarship Granting Organization program was created in 2021 with the objective of providing a learning option they may not otherwise be able to afford. This program depends on the contributions of mostly individuals, who receive a tax credit for their contributions.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION
A student must meet the eligibility criteria requirements to qualify for a HTSGO scholarship award. Scholarships are awarded to primary and secondary students only.
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The student is a resident of the state of Ohio.
- The student has been enrolled, is currently enrolled, or has been accepted for enrollment at HTCA as a full-time, in-person student.
- If the student is entering kindergarten, he must be five years old on or before September 1.
- If the student is entering first grade, he must be six years old on or before September 1.
HOUSEHOLD INCOME ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Scholarship awarding is prioritized by income level. However, students are eligible for an award regardless of income level. Students in households below 300% of the federal poverty level may receive 25%-200% more than students in households at or above 300% of the federal poverty level. Please reference the Poverty Guidelines Chart which shows 300% of the federal poverty level for different household sizes. In 2023, 300% of the Federal Poverty Level for a family of four is $90,000. Students that receive or students whose guardians receive public assistance as defined by Section 5101.26 of the Revised Code qualify as low-income.
The State of Ohio requires Scholarship Granting Organizations to prioritize low-income families in scholarship awarding. To maintain our organizational certification, we verify applicant’s household income. Please use the Income Verification Form to verify your income. Sources of income may include:
- Current pay stubs (multiple)
- W-2s for the most recent tax cycle
- Current income tax returns
- Business records
- Correspondence from the Social Security Administration, Ohio Bureau of Worker’s Compensation, Department of Job and Family Services, and other providers of benefits showing the amount of benefits you are receiving
- Print out from child support enforcement
Any misrepresentation of the information provided to the HTSGO for eligibility purposes will result in the revocation of the student’s scholarship and could be punishable as a crime.
Scholarship awards do not continue to the next school year. Students must apply annually to receive an award. Students may apply for an award in both the Fall and Spring award periods.
APPLY FOR A HTSGO SCHOLARSHIP
Use the links below to access the scholarship application. There is no fee to apply. The contact information provided by the parent during the application process must belong to the parent or guardian on the application.
Individuals that complete the HTSGO Scholarship Application, agree with or authorize the following:
- You authorize the HTSGO to access information needed for income eligibility determination and verification held by other state or federal agencies, including the Department of Revenue, the Department of Children and Families, the Department of Education, the Department of Economic Opportunity, and the Agency for Health Care Administration.
- You authorize the HTSGO to deliver prerecorded messages, including, but not limited to, application status updates and other pertinent scholarship information, to the home telephone numbers or the mobile telephone numbers that you provide in the scholarship application. You understand that your consent or lack of consent will have no effect on scholarship eligibility.
- You authorize the HTSGO to deliver text messages. In addition to any entry, submission, subscription, or other fee of which you are notified, your carrier’s messaging and data rates may apply to your entry or submission message, our confirmation, and all subsequent SMS correspondence. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. SMS message services are provided on an as-is basis. Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
- You certify that the information presented is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief. You understand that providing false representations constitutes an act of fraud. False, misleading, or incomplete information may result in the denial of the scholarship application or revocation of a scholarship award.
To apply for a scholarship download the Mail-in Application, complete it, and send it along with all required documentation to the address below or drop it off in person at the offices. Paper applications and accompanying documentation may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HTSGO Scholarships | 1022 South Main Street | Clyde, OH 43410
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS AND WHAT IS COVERED
A HTSGO scholarship is awarded to students to assist in the expense of attending HTCA. Scholarship award amounts vary depending on, among other factors, the total amount of contributions, the total number of participating students, and the total number of low-income participating students. It is possible that an award will cover 100% of eligible expenses. The following are eligible expenses:
- Books sold through the school (e.g. textbooks, workbooks, etc.)
- Testing (e.g. standardized or entrance testing)
Before school and after school care or extracurricular sports are not a covered fee item. Also, fees paid directly to a third-party vendor (including books) will not be covered.
The HTSGO issues payments directly to HTCA. Awards are usually applied to all eligible payments for the school year the scholarship is awarded. Parents or guardians will be notified when a payment is about to be sent.
Students that withdraw or are expelled from HTCA may forfeit the remainder of their scholarship award.
STUDENT BEHAVIOR AND SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
Scholarship students must follow all academic and discipline policies of HTCA. HTCA has the right to expel or suspend students if the published behavioral policies are not followed. We recommend you carefully review HTCA's policies and procedures to ensure your child remains eligible for the scholarship.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for applying for admission at HTCA.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for applying for a HTSGO scholarship award. This must be done each year a parent/guardian is seeking a scholarship for their child(ren).
- Parents/Guardians are responsible to keep their participating child in school throughout the school year unless excused by the school for illness or other good cause to receive the full benefit of the scholarship award.
- Parents/Guardians and their participating children have an obligation to comply with HTCA’s published policies.
- Parents/Guardians must keep their contact information up-to-date with HTSGO. Please email HTSGO at email@example.com if you need to update your contact information.
ACTIONS THAT MAY LEAD TO A LOSS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Misrepresenting or withholding information on the scholarship application
- Enrolling the child in a school that is not approved by the school board of HTCA
- Transferring to another school
- Failure to regularly attend HTCA
- Withdrawing or being expelled from HTCA
1022 South Main Street | Clyde, OH 43410